from now - Deadline 16.01.2015Event Type:
Dressage/ Endurance Race/ Show JumpingRestrictions:
Horses have to be at least 3 years old/ riders must be 15 years old (18 for endurance)
SWE 2014 will be a little bit smaller than the last years, we will only have
• Dressage (3rd december)
• Endurance race (4th and 5th december)
• Show Jumping (6th december)
Since the infos came much later this year the deadline
will be three month from now (16.01.2015)Dress Code
There are, as in the previous years, no starting numbers.
For dressage, the rider have to wear an usual dressage outfit. If you have your own dressage outfit with you stable colors, feel free to use this.
For the endurance race you have to wear warm clothes, we can recommend sweater and thick down jackets. You will also receive one or two thick blankets to cover you in the night. DisciplinesDressage - 3rd december
This time the SWE will start at the former Ranch of Suomi (now Finnish Pine Forest Stables) in Kuopio.
The dressage arena is surrounded by a knee high white fence. In the background you can see a deep pine forest on two sides, on one side there is the audience and the last one shows the main building of our stable.
The stable building is a half-timbered house. Endurance Race - 4th and 5th december
The endurance race will start at the former Ranch of Suomi (now Finnish Pine Forest Stables) and will end at the Schattenwald Stables.
Each participant will receive a high-quality sleeping bag and a warm tent and a warm blanket for the horse. You are allowed to take as much tea and soup with you, you can carry (in a thermos). If a participant wants to end the race prematurely, everyone gets with a walkie-talkie, with which he can get in touch with us. We advise you to wear several warm sweaters, down jackets, gloves and warm socks, best here are several.
You will ride almost 210km through the beauty of finnish nature.
Much snow and ice will be in your way, but we know you and your horse can do it!
You will arrive at Schattenwald Stables on the 5th december where everyone will receive a warm soup and a hot tea. Your horse will be examined by our vet and may relax in the warm barn.Show Jumping - 6th december
The Show Jumping takes place in the indoor arena of the Schattenwald Stables. The building is an old timbered house, the interior walls are white lined with dark wood. Through the big windows you can see the pineforestand the snowy landscape, the weather is ice cold (frostwork on the windows) but clear. The arena is bounded by a wooden fence. At the borders to the tribune you will find banners form our sponsors. The sand in the arena is light and soft.
Our obstacles are blue-black-white. Evening of the 6th december this is not planned yet. You need to decide if you want one or not, we'll do that if there are enough people to joinEvaluation
The evaluation is effort based (based on your gallery)
• Up to 50 points for the environment
• Up to 20 points from the judges (both 10)
• Up to 10 points for weather and clothing
• Up to 20 points for creativity
In total you can reach up to 100 points. Still we do not value your style of drawing, you are allowed too draw traditional and digital images. You can join as a beginner just like everyone else, only creativity counts!
• Tracing is allowed but is -5 points, References-are allowed and give no penalty, but please give these always on. Do you use any Referenc also writes that, please do so.Rules:
• No free Linearts
• No Photobackgrounds
• There is no pre-registration needed
• You do not have to be registered in HARPG etc
• Horses have to be at least 3 years old
• Rider for the Endurance Race have to be at least 18 years old, for all other Events 15 years
• Max. 2 horses per disciplin
• Tracing is allowed but will give you a deduction of 5 points
• Link back to your rused references, if you don't have used any, please write it in the Artists comment
• No Collabs
• You need just one pic for the Endurance Race
• Please add a link to your horse in the description or even better, copy the whole registration in the description
• You will not be penalized for showing something going wrong in the image or story
• You do not need to upload your entry on a specific date (like dressage on the 2nd of december). You may upload them whenever you like to.
• Please submit your entries by yourselfe to the gallery, you need to join the group. After the Deadline: Entries not in the group gallery will count as not finished.
• Don't worry if you mention "Ranch of Suomi" instead of "Finnish Pine Forest Stables" in your story/entry/picture/whatever since the renaming took place when the event already started